16 Jul BEST things to do Key West
One thing I have learned is to grab opportunities when they arise. So when my sweet Darin said, “Let’s go to Key West” I said, “Let’s do it.” So after my shows on July 4th, we jumped in the car and headed south.
With 1700 Keys and 42 bridges of driving, we saw the most amazing sunsets, had some delicious drinks, shared some awesome adventures and ate some unforgettable food. Here’s my best of Key West:
- After grabbing a drink with our friends, Niki and Brian, at the Hungry Tarpon we took an amazing sunset cruise and watched the sun go down from the waters of Islamorada aboard Robbie’s boat.
- Our second night and unforgettable sunset was at Marker 88. Wow.
- Willie T’s on Duval Street, Hog Heaven, Hungry Tarpin
- Robbie’s sunset cruise: visited the world’s 2nd largest coral reef
- Reef Roamer: Captain John took us to an amazing underworld
- Tip: Remember to bring your underwater camera! We left town so fast that I forgot to grab one of mine. The plastic bags they sell you to put over your phone for underwater pictures don’t really work. The pressure under the water is too strong to regulate the air properly and if you’re like us you’ll end up with a lot of wasted effort.
- Southernmost Point of the United States: You have to do this just to say you did. It’s charmingly quaint…just a big buoy at the end of a residential street.
- What else? Key Lime Pie…from Hog Heaven.